Pros and Cons: L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation







I just want to start this with the fact that my skin hasn't really been accepting of my foundation lately. My usual go to foundation which is Max Factor Facefinity 3-in-1 in Light Ivory just seems to not be doing it's job anymore. Quite annoying because I thought I'd found THE foundation. So yes I was in the market for a new foundation but didn't want to really spend more than about £15. I'd been reading about best drugstore foundations and the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation popped up everywhere and it was only £7.99 in most stores so I was intrigued.

A few days later whilst I was shopping I bought it but the lightest shade on the stand was Vanilla. I tested in store and it seemed a good match. Then I got it back home and tried it by doing a full face of make up and it was way too orange for my skin. So I admit I was quite disappointed... maybe it was the lighting in the store? But apart from the colour making me look as if I'd head planted a bowl of wotsits it seemed good. It was covering my imperfections and it's staying power was strong but definitely not a 24 hour foundation. But I think if a foundation stopped on well for about 10 hours I'd be over the moon. But hey, that's me.

Anyway after thinking that the foundation itself was impressive I got my hands on the Porcelain shade by buying it online. I went ahead and did another full face of make up and applying it with my Real Techniques sponge and I wasn't as impressed. The shade is okay to a point but not what I'd call porcelain. I do feel it does mesh into my skin well and is very lightweight. But it's the fact that during the day it gathers on my jawline even though I've blended it really well and it has a orange tinge and also it doesn't cover my imperfections as much as the vanilla shade. I have to use at least double the amount of product I used to use whilst using my Facefinity to get a good cover amount.

 I feel as if for me it's more like a medium coverage (not full coverage at all!) and I only use it if I'm having a more of a good skin day. So in all honesty I just feel like I've wasted almost £20 on make up that I probably won't use much. But I will persevere with it and keep giving it a go until the tube is empty. But unless it all of a sudden starts working for me I don't think I'll be repurchasing it.

The plus side to all of this is that the foundation I was using before I got hooked on the Max Factor Facefinity was the Revlon Color Stay in the shade Buff and I found my last bottle in my room after trying the L'Oreal Infallible and I've tried that whilst using my Real Techniques sponge and it goes on so much better than it used to when I was just using brushes and it doesn't feel cakey on my skin anymore. So after all this I think I may be going back to my old favourite. 

I've added in some swatches below so you can see the different shades I've tried.



I know the lighting isn't great. sorry! 

So there's my thoughts on the L'Oreal infallible. Sorry to disappoint any of you who were thinking of giving this a try but I definitely wouldn't recommend (I think I might be the only one lol) Thanks for reading! Will be posting again later in the week x 




0 comments